Faculties and Schools
Charles Sturt University's four Faculties (Arts, Business, Education and Science) comprise a number of Schools and centres for specific areas of study and research.
Faculties operate across campuses and are responsible for developing and delivering courses, while schools are generally based on a single campus and carry responsibility for teaching subjects.
Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is a diverse Faculty covering a broad range of disciplines including performing and visual arts, art history, communications, human services, justice studies, policing and law enforcement, theology, psychology, sociology, literature, philosophy and history.
Schools within the Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is made up of the following:
- Australian Centre for Christianity and Culture
- Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security
- Centre for Customs and Excise Studies
- Centre for Islamic Sciences and Civilisation
- Centre for Law
- School of Communication and Creative Industries
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Policing Studies
- School of Psychology
- School of Theology
Faculty of Business
Charles Sturt University's Faculty of Business has earned an exceptional reputation with employers for producing graduates who not only cope with the challenges of today's business world, but excel in the opportunities they create.
Schools within the Faculty of Business
The Faculty of Business is made up of the following:
Faculty of Education
The Faculty is one of the largest Faculties of Education in Australia with over 7,400 students and 120 academic and general staff. We offer a wide range of courses in teacher education, and information and library studies. Our graduates are prepared for employment across Australia and beyond.
Schools within the Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education is made up of the following:
Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science is one of the most broadly based scientific academic concentrations in Australasia, with major focuses in agricultural sciences, animal and veterinary sciences, environmental sciences, allied health, medical sciences, dentistry and health sciences, human movement, wine science, and nursing.
Schools within the Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science is made up of the following:
- School of Agricultural and Wine Sciences
- School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- School of Community Health
- School of Dentistry and Health Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Exercise Science, Sport and Health
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Indigenous Health