Liz Smith is the Director of Academic Support at Charles Sturt University.
Based on the Bathurst campus, Liz has an extensive background in the first year experience and student support and is a regular presenter an national forums and conferences.
During her time at CSU, Liz has worked in the areas of educational design, academic staff development, student support, distance education, online learning, bridging and enabling and widening participation. Liz draws on a variety of teaching experience to inform her practice including the K-6, special education, TAFE and University settings.
Passionate about the student experience, Liz's objective is to ensure the Academic Support Team facilitates a smooth and positive transition in all phases of the student life cycle, but particularly in the first year of university study.
Liz has been recognised for her work in supporting the first year experience and student learning through several major awards including:
- ALTC Citation "For sustained excellence and leadership in the support of students and their learning during their first year of university study (2011)
- ASCILITE (Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education) Award for Exemplary Use of Technology in Teaching & Learning in Tertiary Education (1999
- CUTSD Grant (Evaluation of technology based teaching projects) (1999
Led the CSU Study Link Team to:
- ALTC Program Award for First Year Experience (2009)
- ALTC Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning (First Year Experience) (2009)
- Vice Chancellors Award for Programs that Enhance Learning (2008)
Liz is currently a member of the national project team "Effective teaching and support of students from low socioeconomic status backgrounds" www.lowses.edu.au
- Phone: +61 2 63 384 325
- Facsimile: +61 2 63 384 325
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Sturt University
Phillips Building C1
BATHURST NSW 2795