Wagga Wagga Teachers' College (WWTC) was the first residential co-educational tertiary institutionon a single campus in Australia. Students attended their first lectures on 9 June, 1947 as future Infants' and Primary teachers for NSW Government Schools.
The site of the humble beginnings of this teacher training academy of accommodation and lecturing halls took place on the grounds of the former RAAF Hospital in South Wagga Wagga. For twenty four years students graduated, young school teachers for placements right across NSW Government Schools.
Today, seventy years later (WWTCAA) Wagga Wagga Teachers' College Alumni Association is mounting a seventy year Celebration "Return to the Riverina" to renew acquaintances with the city of their preservice training.
All Alumni are confident that the welcome they received as residents of Wagga Wagga for their two year sojourn at College will not have grown dim over the intervening years.
For further information please contact Bruce Forbes on 0408587065