Before you apply
Before applying to study, we suggest you read the available online course information. This will give you detailed information on your chosen course, including the admission requirements. Browse our courses.
An online application to CSU takes about 15 minutes to complete. You will set up a login and, if you don’t have everything you need to finalise your application straight away, you can save it to come back to later.
It only takes 5-10 working days on average for us to assess your application and advise you of the outcome.
Online applications are accepted for:
- Distance education study
- Postgraduate study
- On campus study for non-school leavers*
- International students (CSU regional campus or by distance education)
- Honours study
- Higher degrees by research more
- Cross institutional study more
Even if you're currently studying at another university or at TAFE, you can still study a subject or course at CSU - and have that count towards your current degree. Find out more
- Study through Ontario Campus more
- Diploma of General Studies more
CSU's Diploma of General Studies is a pathway program that provides guaranteed entry to many CSU bachelor degrees, providing a wide range of opportunities and choices to graduates. More information
- STUDY LINK - prepartion for universitiy study more
A STUDY LINK subject may help you prepare for University. You can study short, self-paced, online subjects to increase your skills and develop a clear understanding of the the expectations of studying at University. Find out more
- Single Subject Study more
CSU offers a range of subjects taken straight from our highly regarded degrees. Enjoy the flexibility to study one subject at a time. Find out more
* Excluding courses offered on campus through CSU in Albury-Wodonga. For competitive courses the University will abide by the same timelines and assessment guidelines as defined for the University Admissions Centre (UAC).
Other ways to apply
Apply through UAC/VTAC
You should apply through UAC or VTAC if you are:
- an Australian resident
- currently studying your higher school certificate or equivalent
- applying for an undergraduate on campus degree*
- an international student completing your secondary study in Australia
Applicants can apply through either UAC or VTAC to study courses at Albury-Wodonga Campus, and through VTAC for courses at Holmesglen Institute.
* Note: Bachelor of Educational Studies applications are sent direct to the University.
Apply to study at a CSU Study Centre in Sydney or Melbourne
CSU Study Centres offer courses in Accounting, Business and Information Technology to international students in the heart of Sydney and Melbourne.
Apply through an international recruitment agent
Contact a recruitment agent in your country who can answer your questions about CSU, as well as help with the student visa application process.
Download a printable Application for Admission form
Applying online is the preferred method, however if you are unable to apply online, you can download an Application for Admission form [PDF] and send it to the Admissions Office by post, email or fax.
Re-apply to the same course
If you would like to apply for re-admission to a course you have previously studied in, you will need to complete the Application for Re-Admission form. Your re-admission will be processed for the next available intake.