Commonwealth supported places

Student contribution and fee information for students who have been offered a Commonwealth supported (CSP) place in 2014.

Look up my subject band

Your student contribution will vary depending on your subject choice. Subjects are broken into 'bands' and are priced accordingly.

Look up my subject band [XLS]

Calculate my student contribution

Open calculator in a new window

Student contribution fees - for students studying in 2014

Subject discipline Per EFTSL (64 subject points) Per 8 point subject Per subject point
Band 3
Law, Accounting, Admin, Economics, Commerce $10,080 $1,260 $157.50
Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Science $10,080 $1,260 $157.50
Band 2
Mathematics, Statistics, Computing, Built Environment, Other Health $8,608 $1,076 $134.50
Allied Health $8,608 $1,076 $134.50
Science, Engineering Surveying $8,608 $1,076 $134.50
Agriculture $8,608 $1,076 $134.50
Band 1
Humanities $6,016 $752 $94.00
Behavioural Science, Social Studies $6,016 $752 $94.00
Education* $6,016 $752 $94.00
Clinical Psychology, Foreign Language, VPArts $6,016 $752 $94.00
Nursing* $6,016 $752 $94.00
* Education before Jan 2010 $4,832 $604 $75.50
* Nursing before Jan 2010 $4,832 $604 $75.50

* Education and Nursing
a. For pre‐2010 students, the maximum annual student contribution amount that may be charged for Education and Nursing units is $4,832 ($604.00 per 8 point subject).

At Charles Sturt University this is identified as Band 4.


What is a Commonwealth supported place (CSP)?

A CSP is a higher education place for which the Commonwealth government makes a contribution towards the cost of your education. CSPs are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.

Commonwealth supported students pay a student contribution (formerly HECS) towards the cost of tuition, the proportion of which is determined by CSU, within guidelines set by the Government. The student contribution depends on your units of study.

Am I eligible?

You may be eligible for a CSP if you are:

  • an Australian citizen, or a New Zealand citizen who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit
  • or the holder of an Australian permanent visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the unit, (including an Australian permanent humanitarian visa).

How do I pay my contribution?

You may pay your student contribution upfront to CSU, or defer payment through the Australian taxation system. On enrolment, you must indicate your payment preference by completing the relevant form included in your offer pack.

Find out more about how to pay your student contribution

Enquiry information

Request course information
Call us on 1800 334 733, (International +61 2 6338 6077)

Census dates

Census Dates are the last dates to withdraw or finalise your enrolment.

Full list of census dates

Equivalent full-time study load (EFTSL)

The standard equivalent full-time load (EFTSL) at CSU is 64 subject points which is usually studied over two sessions, four 8 point subjects per session.

One 8 point subject equals .125 EFTSL eg (64 / 8 = .125)

Help with costs

If you're seeking financial assistance with the costs associated with university study, CSU provides access to a variety of options:

Government assistance

More information from the Australian Government about Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP loans.

Accommodation fees

Application, service and annual residential fees for first year students.

Residential fee information