CSU Accommodation Equity Scholarship
- Applications closed at 11:59am 29 Jan 2017
- Outcome Notice Date:
6 Feb 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $5500
- Duration: one off payment
The CSU Accommodation Scholarship is designed to assist commencing and continuing students who are residing in on-campus residences.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship a student must be:
- an Australian Citizen, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australian (including the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian Visa);
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full-time or part -time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average)
- enrolled as an internal student;
- reside in on campus accommodation at CSU in Albury, Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange or Wagga Wagga;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A) or
- Must be able to demonstrate financial hardship
Refer to the Scholarship guidelines for more information on eligibility.
* If you are in receipt of the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship you are not eligible
The CSU Accommodation Equity Scholarship Guidelines contain information about how Charles Sturt University will operate the CSU Accommodation Equity Scholarship. It also contains detailed information about the eligibility criteria, offer and payment procedures and what is required of you if you are successful.
Download the 2017 CSU Accommodation Equity Scholarship Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment such as the Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy, Parenting Payment etc you are considered of low socio-economic status. Family Tax Benefit A or B are not included.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status.
Yes you can, provided it will be before the application deadline.
Instead of clicking on SUBMIT, you need to click the SAVE button on each page of the application form that you have entered any information. This will allow you to keep the information you have already put into the form, then exit the application and your information is saved.
If, after you click SAVE at any time, it takes you back to the application portal, refresh the page and then click on your ID link to re-enter the application if you wish to continue entering information onto the form.
To get back to your application form, you then (using the same login you used to get to the application form initially), go to "My Scholarship Applications" and choose the application you have saved and then complete it
I don't have my supporting documentation available right now
You can save the application and return to it when you have the documentation available. You must still submit the application with all required documentation by the closing date.
If you have further issues with supporting documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It might take up to 24 hours for your email receipt to come through.
Have you checked your spam or junk mail folder?
Did you provide the correct email address?
If you still haven't received the receipt after 24 hours, send an email to email@example.com quoting the application number, your name and student ID.
You will receive a notice of the outcome of your application by 6 Feb 2017.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office in writing immediately if any of your circumstances that you noted in your grant application have changed. These changed circumstances are to be emailed to the CSU Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess tour grant eligibility.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS CLOSED at 11:59am 29 Jan 2017
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733