CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant
- Session 1 Applications open
- The current round of applications close on:
- The next round of applications open on:
- Outcome Notice Dates:
- 21 Apr 2017
- 23 Jun 2017
- 25 Aug 2017
- 17 Nov 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: Up to $5000
- Duration: one off payment
The Charles Sturt University Conference and Professional Membership Grant will provide financial assistance for participation at conferences and/or membership (student only memberships will be accepted) to appropriate professional bodies, in the current year.
To be eligible for this Grant in 2017 you must be:
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full-time or part-time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia (including the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa);
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit; OR
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship (refer to guidelines for definition) and provide supporting documentation to substantiate your claim.
- able to prove that the membership or conference is relevant to the CSU course you are studying.
- able to provide either:
- a quote, invoice or receipt of your actual costs for conference attendance in 2017; OR
- a quote, invoice or receipt of the professional membership (only student memberships will be accepted) for 2017;
International travel will only be considered if the travel is a requirement of the student's course of study.
Full fee paying students and students that have received the Indigenous Student Grant are not eligible.
Students can only receive this grant once for conference attendance during their enrolment at CSU. This does not relate to professional memberships valued under $500.
A guide to expectations:
>$1,000 to $5,000
>$1,000 to $5,000
The CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant Guidelines contain information about how Charles Sturt University will operate the CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant. It also contains detailed information about the eligibility criteria, offer and payment procedures and what is required of you if you are successful.
Download the 2017 CSU Conference and Professional Membership Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status.
A person is considered to be in financial hardship when they find it difficult to provide for themselves, their families or dependents basic necessities such as food, accommodation, clothing, medical treatment and education.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
You will receive an email of the outcome by 18 Nov 2017.
The payment of the Grant will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated Bank account. Register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Session 1 Applications are OPEN and will close at 11:00am 12 Nov 2017
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733