CSU Equity Scholarship
- Applications closed at 11:59pm 25 Feb 2017
- Outcome Notice Date:
10 Mar 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $2000
- Duration: 1 year scholarship (students can reapply each year)
Funds to assist with the general costs of University education.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of Australia (including the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa);
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full-time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal or Online student;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A) or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Refer to the scholarship guidelines for more information on eligibility.
Download the 2017 Equity Scholarship Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status
You will receive an email notice of the outcome of your application.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
Yes, special circumstances can be taken into consideration refer to the guidelines for further information.
Payments are made within 2-3 weeks after the Census date of session 1 and 2.
The payment of the scholarship will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated Bank account. Register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
Applications for the CSU Equity Scholarship are submitted via the Universities Admissions Centre of NSW (UAC) or the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
APPLICATIONS CLOSED at 11:59pm 25 Feb 2017
Need more info?
1800 334 733