CSU Postgraduate Equity Scholarship
- Session 1 Applications closed at 11:59pm 5 Mar 2017
- Outcome Notice Date:
9 Mar 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $2000
- Duration: one year (paid in two equal instalments)
Assists students from Equity Groups to study at CSU in a Postgraduate (coursework) course
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship in 2016 a student must be:
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia (including the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa);
- Studying a postgraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A) or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Full fee paying students are not eligible.
The CSU Postgraduate Equity Scholarship Guidelines contain information about how Charles Sturt University will operate the CSU Postgraduate Equity Scholarship. It also contains detailed information about the eligibility criteria, offer and payment procedures and what is required of you if you are successful.
Download the 2017 CSU Postgraduate Equity Scholarship Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
If you are successful in your application for the scholarship, you will be notified in writing.
Payments are usually made within 2-3 weeks after the Census date of each session.
Payments will occur via electronic funds transfer (EFT) at half the annual scholarship value in the first and second sessions of each eligible year. Bank details can be entered or updated online. It is up to you to manage your bank details with CSU.
You must notify the CSU Scholarships Office in writing immediately if any of your circumstances that you noted on your scholarship application have changed. These changed circumstances are to be emailed to the CSU Scholarships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your scholarship eligibility.
How to Apply
If you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit
- Your current Centrelink Income Statement
If you have a low income (but are not receiving a Centrelink benefit)
- Health Care Card (if you have one)
- Most recent Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment
- 2 most recent payslips including Year To Date earnings
- If supported by parents, guardian, partner etc. a copy of their ATO Notice of Assessment and pay notices
*You must provide scanned copies to be uploaded and submitted with your application. Documents can be provided in PDF, JPG, DOC or TIFF format.
Session 1 APPLICATIONS CLOSED at 11:59pm 5 Mar 2017
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733