Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships
- Applications open
- Session 1 UAC Applications Close: 11:59pm 24 Feb 2017
- VTAC Applications Close: 05:00pm 14 Oct 2016
- Outcome Notice Date:
10 Mar 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $5276
- Duration: Maximum of 4 years
Funds to assist with the general costs of University education.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Indigenous Australian citizen;
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full-time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal student;
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Refer to the scholarship guidelines for more information on eligibility.
Download the 2017 Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines [PDF]
(includes Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships details)
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status
Payments are made within 2-3 weeks after the Census date of session 1 and 2.
The payment of the scholarship will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated Bank account. Register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
I have received an Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship (ICAS) before, can I apply for another ICAS?
Forms and Documents
How to Apply
Applications for the Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships are submitted via the Universities Admissions Centre of NSW (UAC) or the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
Need more info?
1800 334 733