CSU Professional Placement Equity Grant
- Applications open
- The current round of applications close on:
- The next round of applications open on:
- Outcome Notice Dates:
- 13 Apr 2017
- 29 Jun 2017
- 7 Sep 2017
- 23 Nov 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: up to $50 - $100 per week
- Duration: one off payment
Provides financial assistance for Workplace Learning (professional placement). The grant is approximately $50 to $100 per week of placement. Grants are not intended to provide an alternative to other forms of income and recipients are not to rely on payment occurring prior to attending their placement.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this Grant in 2017 a student must be:
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Citizen or a permanent Australian Resident (including the holder of an Australian Humanitarian Visa);
- Studying an undergraduate degree (this includes honours) as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full time or part time student;
- a commencing or continuing student, continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher;
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- enrolled in a subject for which Professional Placement attendance is compulsory and the placement is greater than five consecutive days. Note: this Grant is not intended to assist students attending residential schools.
- of low socio-economic status
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appendix A of the guidelines) or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship
Full fee paying students are not eligible. Refer to the grant guidelines for more information on eligibility.
Download the 2017 CSU Professional Placement Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status
You will receive an email notice of the outcome of your application.
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office in writing immediately if any of your circumstances that you noted in your grant application have changed. These changed circumstances are to be emailed to the CSU Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your grant eligibility.
How to Apply
Applications are OPEN and will close at 12:00am 19 Nov 2017
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733