CSU Technology Equity Grant
- Session 1 Applications closed at 11:00pm 26 Feb 2017
- Outcome Notice Date:
2 Mar 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: Up to $1,000
- Duration: one off payment
Provides financial assistance to eligible, undergraduate, Commonwealth supported students to purchase computer equipment.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this grant you must be:
- studying an undergraduate degree as an active student;
- enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
- enrolled as a full-time or part-time student;
- a commencing or continuing student. Continuing students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (pass grade average);
- enrolled as an internal or online student;
- an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia (including the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa);
- of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit, or
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship
AND must not have been:
- in receipt of this grant previously; a student can only receive this grant once during their enrolment at CSU.
Full fee paying students are not eligible.
The CSU Technology Equity Grant Guidelines contain information about how Charles Sturt University will operate the CSU Technology Equity Grant. It also contains detailed information about the eligibility criteria, offer and payment procedures and what is required of you if you are successful.
Download the 2017 CSU Technology Equity Grant Guidelines [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Appendix A in the guidelines for a list of the eligible means tested Centrelink Benefits.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status
Yes you can, as long as you log back in and submit your application before the close date.
You will receive an email of the outcome by 2 Mar 2017.
The payment of the Grant will be made via electronic fund transfer to your nominated Bank account. Register your bank details with CSU, you will need to log into the Online Administration to enter or change your bank details.
You must notify the CSU Scholarship Office immediately by email email@example.com.
A commencing student is someone who is enrolled in, and undertaking, subjects in their first year of study at CSU and who have not previously completed a degree.
How to Apply
Session 1 APPLICATIONS CLOSED at 11:00pm 26 Feb 2017
Login to see your Equity Scholarship and Grant applications
Need more info?
1800 334 733