CSU Online Textbook Equity Grant
- Applications for the Session 2 2017 grant will open on 29 Jun 2017
- Available to:
Commencing Students; Continuing Students
- Value: $500 Co-op Bookshop credit
- Duration: one off payment
Provides financial assistance to online undergraduate students, to purchase compulsory textbooks to meet course requirements.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this grant in 2017 a student must be:
1. enrolled as an online student;
2. studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree as an active student;
3. enrolled in a CSU course as a Commonwealth supported student;
4. enrolled as a full-time or part-time student;
5. a commencing or continuing student at CSU in 2017;
6. an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia (including the holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa);
7. of low socio-economic status:
- in receipt of an eligible means tested Centrelink Benefit (refer Appedix A)
- must be able to demonstrate financial hardship
AND must not have been:
8. in receipt of this grant previously; a student can only receive this grant once during their enrolment at CSU.
Full fee paying students are not eligible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment such as the Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy, Parenting Payment etc you are considered of low socio-economic status. Family Tax Benefit A or B are not included.
If you do not receive a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment, a comprehensive assessment will be conducted by or on behalf of CSU to determine whether you are of low socio-economic status.
You can save the application and return to it when you have the documentation available. You must still submit the application with all required documentation by the closing date.
If you have further issues with supporting documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are successful in your application for the grant, you will be notified in writing. Grant payments will be made by e voucher to the Co-op Bookshop.
You must notify the CSU Scholarships Office in writing immediately if any of your circumstances that you noted on your grant application have changed. These changed circumstances are to be emailed to the CSU Scholarships Office at email@example.com. Upon receipt of details regarding a change in circumstances, CSU may reassess your grant eligibility.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS OPENING SOON
Applications for the Session 2 2017 grant will open on 29 Jun 2017
Need more info?
1800 334 733