John Cassim Scholarship
- Applications closed
- Applications closed at 11:59pm 8 Feb 2017
- Available to:
- Value: $3000
- Duration: one off payment
One of the first music lecturers at Bathurst Teachers’ College, John Cassim went on to become a conductor for the Sydney Symphony and the Sydney Opera Company. John gifted a substantial sum to the CSU Foundation in 2006 to establish a scholarship for a student within the School of Education who contributed to the musical life of the University. John’s second passion was horse breeding so when CSU’s music program ended, John chose to award his scholarship to Animal, Equine or Veterinary students. Sadly, John passed away in July 2013.
CAMPUS: Wagga Wagga
MUST BE STUDYING IN:
Commencing or currently enrolled in of Doctor Veterinary Studies in 2017Commencing or currently in the role of Veterinary resident at CSU
Please provide a proposal for a research project you would like to undertake as part of your studies (this can be attached as a separate document)
Possess a sound Academic record.
How to Apply
*NB Each Scholarship will require a separate application.
- Read the criteria carefully for each scholarship you wish to apply for to ensure that you are eligible
- Scholarships may require additional responses including essays. These will need to be pre-prepared in a word document format and submitted along with your application. All applications require a resume including the cover letter as stated in step three.
- Three examples which demonstrate the difference you have made to your community (e.g. sport/volunteering/ the arts)
- What is your understanding of philanthropy and how do you plan to contribute to the public good in the future - Yindyamarra Winhanganha (500 words max.)
- A statement outlining in 250 words or less, what receiving a scholarship would mean to you?
- Up to date resume including a cover letter outlining what experiences have led you to tertiary study and your goals and aspirations for the future?
- ATAR or equivalent (If you have left school in the last two years)
- Your current GPA (Continuing students ONLY)
- If your selection criteria involves Local Government Areas (LGA), please supply ONE of the following:
- electricity bill
- phone bill
- rates notice
- school record
APPLICATIONS CLOSED at 11:59pm 8 Feb 2017
I am a current student
Login to see your Foundation or Equity Scholarship and Grant applications