CSU Green Calendar of Events
Ride2Work / Ride2Uni Day for ALL RIDERS!
Ride2Work / Ride2Uni Day Wednesday 17th October
The annual Ride2Work Day is always a great success, with the chance to get some exercise, enjoy the fresh air, and share a free breakfast with your fellow staff and students!
Commit to ride to campus on Wednesday 17 October 2012. Register at www.ride2work.com.au and make your ride count! By registering and taking part in Australia's biggest ride to work you improve bike facilities across Australia.
Students - when you commit to ride to campus or around campus to breakfast on the Ride2Work website, you will go in the running to win a Crumpler bag!
07:30 meet at Premium Coffee Roasters on Trail Street for coffee
08:00 depart Trail Street in two groups for campus via North Wagga. Enter CSU via front gates or Estella Road bike path into Carpark 1. Join us along the way!
08:30 breakfast at Eat@20.
- 07:30 assemble at old Nowik Theatre, Guinea Street.
- 07:45 leave for social ride to campus via bike paths and join in along the way.
- 08:30 arrive at Gums Cafe on campus for breakfast.
- 07:30 meet at Bills Beans Cafe on McLachlan Street for coffee
- 08:00 deaprt Bills Beans Cafe for a social ride via bike paths to campus
- 08:30 enjoy breakfast at Banjo's Cafe!
- 08:00 meet at Banjo's Cafe, Shop 34 Stocklands Centre William Street, for provided breakfast
- 08:30 depart Banjo's Cafe in a convoy to campus
E.C.O.Active Wagga Campus - Weekly Student Garden Activities
E.C.O. Active are a student collective at CSU Wagga who are passionate about having fun in the environment as well as protecting it. In 2011 they applied for a sustainability grant through CSU Green to build an student E.C.O. garden. The garden is a sustainable community hub and is located behind New Res.
Recently a hybrid energy generation system was installed at the garden containing PV cells and a wind turbine. The renewable energy generated is used to power the irrigation system, the rain water tank pump and the lights in the shed when necessary.
The community space at the garden is used for a number of activities including a weekly gardening evening for gardening enthusiasts or inexperienced people who would like to learn more about gardening or are interested in getting involved.
The weekly gardening evening is on at the student E.C.O. garden behind New Res on TBA.
For more information on activities at the student garden and E.C.O. Active visit: E.C.O. Active Blog Spot