Assets - Policies and Procedures
Relocation or Loan of Assets
An Asset Transfer / Loan Form is required whenever an asset is relocated or transferred to another School or Division (where the asset is not sold), or loaned. (Note: Please use an 'Asset Disposal Form' where an asset has been sold to another School or Division). If an asset is to be loaned to a staff member, student, or individual or organisation outside of the University, a 'loan agreement' between the University and the external party is required. Such a loan agreement is to comply with the 'Legal Policy and Procedure' in the CSU Administration Manual which is found at http://www.csu.edu.au/adminman/leg/leg.htm. You may request the University Solicitor to prepare the loan agreement for you by completing a 'Request for Legal Advice Form' which is also found at http://www.csu.edu.au/adminman/leg/leg.htm. When drafting a loan agreement, either by the University Solicitor or by you, consideration should be given to:
- The borrower being liable for any loss or damage to the equipment or damage to other property resulting from the misuse of the equipment;
- Equipment is not to be loaned to a third party;
- All expenses associated with the removal and return of the equipment are at the cost of the borrower;
- Mitigating arrangements to recover items not returned (for example, withholding of student results);
- Term of loan;
- Record of Item Description, Barcode Number, Borrower???s Name, Borrower???s Signature, Borrower???s Location, Approving Officer???s Name and Signature, and Section Head or Dean???s Approval;
- Maintain security for all borrowed equipment;
- Agreement to read any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) relating to the use of the equipment on loan;
- Report any equipment faults.
A copy of the loan agreement is to be provided to the Asset Manager for stocktake and audit purposes.