Welcome to The Interim Home of the CSU Degree Initiative
What is the CSU Degree?
Interim Course Review Template for 2011 (word.doc). This Template will be used by Course Directors in 2011 to report alignment to the CSU Degree
CSU has made a commitment to all CSU undergraduates that, as well as gaining an in-depth understanding of their chosen disciplines and professions, they will have access to:
- A supported transition into the first year of university; and thereafter throughout the undergraduate student experience;
- Employability and generic skills such as effective communication; analytical skills; critical and reflective judgement; problem-solving; team work; and time-management;
- The opportunity for international experiences and to develop an international perspective in their discipline or profession;
- An engagement with the responsibilities of global citizenship;
- The opportunity to develop cultural competence;
- The opportunity to engage meaningfully with the culture, experiences and histories of Indigenous communities;
- Understandings of financial, social and environmental sustainability;
- A firm understanding of ethics;
- Education based in practice;
- Engagement in activities that foster web-based proficiency;
- Threshold disciplinary outcomes (to be developed).
The CSU Graduate Commitment will be achieved through a process of ongoing course design. The result of this course design will be called 'The CSU Degree'. During 2010, Course Pilots were conducted to trial approaches to course design that incorporate Good Practice Guidelines developed to assist Course Directors to achieve the CSU Graduate Commitment.
The following Good Practice Guidelines and Materials are designed to help Faculty and Coordinators engage with the process.
CSU Graduate Attributes (word.doc) build students' capacity to contribute to their community and to the wider society
Good Practice Guidelines
These Good Practice Guidelines provide a framework for thinking about the CSU Degree.
- Professional and Practice-Based Education Standards (.pdf)
- Links to Faculty Resources Regarding the CSU Degree - under development
- Course Pilot Narratives - under development
- Developing a Course Strategy for Gradual Alignment to the CSU Degree - under development
- Mapping Tools
- I'm a course coordinator, and my course will be reviewed in 2011. What do I need to do? - under development
- Matrix for Course Approval - under development
- Developing a Course Narrative for Course Approval - under development
We look forward to sharing the development of this project with you, and hearing your ideas.