What is CSU Interact ?
CSU Interact has been used since January 2006 by CSU researchers for collaboration with other researchers both within the University and externally.
CSU Interact is an integrated Online Learning Environment (OLE). This allows staff and students to access a number of CSU-developed applications such as OASIS, as well as a collection of new teaching and learning tools.
CSU Interact and Flexible Learning Principles
CSU Interact was introduced at CSU to support Learning and Teaching in January 2008, and is linked to a overarching vision of the CSU learning environment and related improvements in the quality of learning and teaching. CSU Interact is designed as an overall scholarly environment for CSU and opportunities to embed online learning and collaborative activities within CSU Interact should be taken wherever appropriate.
It should be based in pedagogical principles that promote quality learning by
- Promoting student engagement in learning that is active and interactive;
- Encouraging deep rather than surface learning by teaching and assessment methods that have clearly-stated goals, foster active long-term engagement with learning tasks, provide timely and quality feedback on learning and opportunities to exercise responsible choice in method and content of study;
- Avoiding excessive assessment or learning materials which promotes surface learning;
- Recognising that assessment is a critical driver of student learning;
- Providing for the diversity of students circumstances, skills and learning styles;
- Promoting a course-based as well as subject approach to curriculum;
- Acknowledging the constraints of time and access that students face.
CSU Interact aims to promote sustainable quality in as many subjects as possible by:
- Reuse of templates to facilitate scalability;
- Utilisation of convergence possibilities;
- Engagement of Library and Study Skills staff in enhancing learning resources;
- Development of learning design exemplars including effective use of CSU Interact tools to facilitate student learning.
The CSU Interact professional development will:
- Provide ‘How to' and pedagogical resources supported at school level by Educational Designers;
- Provide professional development to EDs and other professional staff to support their new role;
- Involve Educational Designers in dissemination of learning designs and the take up of designs in their schools.