Online Meeting Training Page
Getting Started for Staff
When using Online Meeting you will need to ensure that your computer is ready to run. You will need to run the Setup Wizard to ensure your computer is ready. Please make sure that you run the Wizard at least 48 hours in advance of your first session so that you are ready to teach or participate in your online session. You get prompted to run the set up wizard when you enter the classroom.
You will need to ensure that you have the latest Java update on your computer for Online Meeting to run. The latest Java download can be found at http://www.java.com/en/download/ . You will need to delete any earlier versions of Java off your computer when installing the latest version. If you are a CSU staff member you will need to request administrator rights to install Java.
|OS||Browser Supported||Java (JRE)|
|Win 7****||Internet Explorer 7.0 - 8.0||Java v.6+ (1.6)|
|Win Vista||Firefox 3.0, 3.6||XP/Vista/Win7|
|Mac OSX 10.6||Safari 3.0, 4.0**, 5.0||Java v.6+ (1.6)
Java v 5.+ (1.5)
You will need headphones or speakers and a microphone connected to your computer.
Online Meeting in Interact
Online Meeting is an elective tool in Interact. You will need to lodge a DIT request to have it turned on.
The roles in online meeting are set according to the permissions in the Interact site.
When you open the tool it will look like this:
To create a room:
Click on New and follow the prompts
To enter a room:
Click on the room and click Launch
To conduct admin on a room:
Click the appropriate button
To view an archive:
These are listed under the room by date and time
A Presenter’s Guide (.pdf) can be found here . This guide will direct you through setup and settings for using Online Meeting. This Teaching Matrix (.pdf) can help you with learning how to interact with your students better. The Foundations document links found below will help you get started
- Accessibility Best Practices Guide (PDF)
- Getting Ready Guide (PDF)
- Media Center Features (PPT)
- Success Guide (PDF)
- Teaching Matrix (PDF)
For assistance in using Online Meeting please contact your Educational Designer.
For Technical help with Online Meeting please contact the IT Service Desk on ext: 84357 or online
Help on the web can be found at http://www.wimba.com/services/instructor/classroom/. Here up-to-date information can be found in the Quicklets section on a range of ways to use Online Meeting
Information can be found in:
- Application Sharing (PDF)
- Application Sharing (Video)
- Content Display (PDF)
- Content Display (Video)
- Slide Annotation (PDF)
- Slide Annotation (Video)
- Using Audio (Video)
- Web Page Display (PDF)
- Web Page Display (Video)
Remember, if you want to annotate or mark your slides as you present them you will need to upload the PowerPoint to eBoard, not Content Frame.
Encourage your students ahead of time to get ready for their online meeting session. Instructions for students can be found on the Student help page.
It has been found that if participants are given assistance before each session then there are fewer technical help problems and service desk calls. Accordingly, a HTML checklist help file has been created that you can have appear by default at the beginning of each session. You are encouraged to have this file show as it will help both you and your students through the first sessions with less problems.
Copy this link for the checklist and follow the instructions below.
Adding an item so it is always available to display in the branding frame or content frame
- Click on Content
- Click Default Content Folder then New Content then enter the URL you want to load e.g http://doms.csu.edu.au/csu/items/7f7c1fbd-7080-6a7b-ccaf-4ba302ae183c/1/welcometowimba.html then Add > when it is loaded set it to load into the Branding Frame or the Content Frame > click Folder list to return to the list of folders
- When you want to display the item in the Online Meeting session, click its name in the list of content. This will reload the page and in the case of the debate timer restart the timer for all participants
Setting the item as the default content to display
- Click on Content and load the item using the above instructions
- Navigate to the Start Content section at the bottom of the page.
- To view the slide currently set to appear by default in the Content or Branding Frame, click its link in the Slide Title column. The slide will appear in a new browser window.
- To change default content, click the Edit icon for the appropriate destination (i.e., Content Frame or Branding Frame).
- A new page that lists all the slides in your Default Content Folder appears.
- Select the radio button next to the slide you would like to select as your default content.
- Click the Save Changes button.