Library Access for Students on Workplace Learning
There are special arrangements for library access for students on workplace learning. Before students can take advantage of this service details of individual student workplace learning must be provided to the library by the Schools.
Prior to leaving for workplace learning
- Students are encouraged to borrow required library material prior to going on workplace learning.
- Loan periods for workplace learning will be the length of the workplace learning plus one week.
- Loans include books, AV, videos and DVDs, except items with a 2 day loan status.
- All students on workplace learning are eligible for extended loans regardless of distance from their campus Library.
- workplace learning loans may be issued earlier than normal if the student is leaving the campus some time before the workplace learning commences. The normal time for students to borrow before their workplace learning is one week.
Requesting Library Material on Workplace Learning
- Students requesting journal articles, book chapters or loans can submit a request using the online Workplace Learning Form. Students will need to provide details of their course, residential address details and period of workplace learning.
- Loan periods will be the length of the Workplace Learning placement plus one week.
- Return postage cost is paid by the student. Library material must be returned in padded bags.
Access to other libraries
- Students undertaking workplace learning in an area that is close to another university library may be able to join as a reciprocal borrower.
- The University Library Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) National Borrowing Scheme is available to CSU students. This is a national borrowing scheme for staff and students of Australian Universities.
- Most university libraries are open to the public and allow access to library collections or photocopying facilities within the library.