Theses & Dissertations
Finding & accessing theses
CSU theses are held by the Library [print manuscripts] and in the CSU Research Output (CRO) repository [electronic]. Electronic versions are available for theses published from 2007- .
CSU theses can be found using Primo Search:
- Search for ‘charles sturt university’
- Refine My Results by ‘Theses’
Print only theses may be requested for use ‘in the Library only’ at another CSU Campus Library.
Print & online
Australian university theses via National Library of Australia Trove database:
- Search collection
- Refine your results > Availability > Online to limit results to electronic only theses
- Note: Online theses from the University of Queensland (UQ) are only accessible by UQ staff and students.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT Full Text): Doctoral and Masters theses from US and some European graduate schools and universities.
- EThOS: Theses and dissertations from higher education institutes in United Kingdom. Registration required [free] in order to view theses online.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD): International database of theses and dissertations.
- Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses and dissertations from more than 130 institutions. TREN includes conference papers from several academic societies.
- Theses Canada: Theses and dissertations from Canadian higher education institutions.
- Australian university theses via National Library of Australia Trove database:
Requesting a Thesis copy
- D.I.Y: Some theses may be purchased online, particularly through the Digital Dissertations website. Others may be available directly from the University where the study was undertaken.
- CSU Students and Staff: the library will locate and may purchase a thesis copy on your behalf. Charges will apply and are based on the rates outlined in the Australian ILRS Code but may vary according to the individual library. Interlibrary Loans staff will advise you of the price before proceeding with the request. Please use the ILL Request link in Primo Search to make a request.
- Adding to the Library Collection: if you wish a thesis to be added to the Library Collection, you can suggest a title for purchase using our Suggest New Materials Web Form.
CSU Higher Degree Research (HDR) requirements
- Research Office - My HDR
Information for higher degree research students provided by the Research Office - includes link to HDR Information Guide.
- Academic Manual
Theses and other examinable research works: Academic regulations for categories of examinable work submitted as the results of research undertaken at CSU.
- Thesis binding services
Information about binding services, provided by the Research Office.