Information for Academic and General Staff

Do I need a Library card to borrow from the Library?
To borrow from the Library all staff are required to obtain a current CSU ID card.
Can casual Academic and General staff join the Library?
Yes, your School/Faculty or Division will have to complete a Casual General Staff form or Casual Academic Staff form.

You will then complete a CSU Card Application Form at CSU Cards for Staff Members Fact Sheet.
Is there a way I can book a specialised training session with a librarian?
Yes. CSU academic and research staff can book a session with a librarian using the Book a Librarian form. If you are located off campus please see: Off Campus Support.
Can I access online collections?
Yes. Online journal databases and eBooks are available to you. You can access these and other online resources from the Find information link on the Library Homepage.
Can I request copies of book chapters and journal articles that are only available in print form?
Yes. Requests for copies can be made online through Primo Search. Copies will be scanned and sent to your email address. For more information on how to do this:

What are the borrowing and renewing conditions?
  Number of items that can be borrowed Standard loan period Number of renewals DVD/Video borrowing period DVD/Video renewal
Academics (including casual academics) 50 12 weeks
(14 days for items in high demand)
4 times 14 days 1 renewal
General Staff 50 12 weeks
(14 days for items in high demand)
4 times 14 days 1 renewal

Items can't be renewed if:

  • They are more than two weeks overdue
  • You have unpaid fines of $100 or more
  • Someone else has requested the item
  • You've reached the renewal limit for that item
Can items be sent to my home address?
Yes, if you are a registered CSU off-campus staff member. Verification will be required from the Head of School or Division.
Am I eligible for free Interlibrary loans?
Academics (including casual academics) - Yes, please see information on FRILLS
General staff - No, please see information on Standard ILL Service
Can I borrow from other Australian universities?
Yes, the University Library Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) National Borrowing Scheme is available to CSU students and staff. This is a national borrowing scheme of Australian University libraries. Please refer to the ULANZ website.
When will my Library card expire?
Casual and Contract Staff - Your card expiry date will be either the 30th June or 31st December, unless another expiry date is provided.
Permanent Staff - Your card will remain active whilst you are employed at CSU.

How do I get help?

The Library website provides a number of online guides and tutorials to assist you to search for information and find out how to use Library services. Academic and research staff are advised to view the information available under the Research & Teaching Support quick link on the Library Homepage.

You can also utilise the Live Chat, toll free phone number, Library Forum, or Ask A Question form to contact a Librarian, or, if you are on campus, please come into the Learning Commons.

Please refer to the Library Homepage for further information.

Ask a Librarian
Website Feedback
Ask a Question: Live Chat
To speak to a Librarian call 1800 808 369