Interlibrary Loans (ILL) - Introduction
What is an Interlibrary Loan?
An Interlibrary Loan involves procuring items for loan, or copies of articles or other documents, from non-CSU libraries and from information providers in Australia and overseas.
The service is available to all CSU students and staff. The Library will locate and obtain loans of books and copies of documents from other libraries if they are unavailable from the CSU Library. There are several options available and charges may apply to some services. For convenience the term "Interlibrary loans" refers to obtaining books or photocopies.
For more information about interlibrary loans, please see the following pages:
- FRILLS - The Free Interlibrary Loans Service offers free loans and copies for Academic/Research Staff and PhD/Masters/Honours students for items not held by CSU Library. Please note that items for personal use attract charges. See Standard ILL Service.
- Standard ILL Service - Interlibrary loan service to those CSU patrons who are not eligible for FRILLS for items not held by CSU Library.
- Theses - Information on obtaining a CSU thesis/dissertation, or a thesis or dissertation from another library. This service is available to all CSU staff and students but charges may apply.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about the ILL service, requesting, payment, Web Document Delivery, copyright and contacts.
- Abbreviations - Abbreviations page to help decipher journal title abbreviations.
CSU Supply to Other Libraries
- CSU participates in Interlibrary Lending and supplies loans and copies to other libraries in Australia and overseas.
- CSU Library supports the Australian Interlending Resource Sharing (ILRS) Code.
- CSU has an entry in the (online) Australian Interlibrary Resource Sharing Directory. There are separate entries for the different campuses. Search the directory using the keywords "Charles Sturt University" or using the NUC symbols NCSU:A, NCSU:B, NCSU:E, NCSU:O, NCSU:W or NCSRA.
- CSU has its holdings added to the National Bibliographic Database, available through the Libraries Australia (formerly known as Kinetica) search service.
- CSU is a participant in the Libraries Australia Document Delivery Service and in the Libraries Australia Document Delivery Payments Service.
- CSU's charges for Interlibrary loans and copies are listed in the Australian Resource Sharing Directory entries. Note that Unilinc libraries are exempt from charges for Core service.
|Bathurstemail@example.com||+61 2 6338 4731||+61 2 6338 4163|
|Wagga Waggafirstname.lastname@example.org||+61 2 6933 2336||+61 2 6933 2134|