We're sorry, this page is out of date* and is not being updated. We haven't deleted it because hopefully we can help you find what you're looking for.
There's general information about Study techniques on our public website.
student.csu.edu.au is the place to find Study techniques information for students.
If you're still having problems Contact Us
*Last updated on 13 Jan 2011.
Study and Preparation Techniques
Many might argue that exam preparation begins in week one of the semester.
- Re-write lecture notes as you go, if they are untidy or unclear.
- Read over your lecture notes after the lecture.
- These two strategies help strengthen recall when you need to draw on your notes at a later date.
- Keep your notes organised under topics.
- You should not be re-writing and organising notes just before the exam.
- Attend lectures and read forum messages as exams approach. Exam hints are often given at this time
- Do not wait until the exam period to ask for advice or help on a topic.
- Write up a study schedule. Identify the topics to be tested and draw up a timetable well before the exam.
- Check the time, date, and place of the exam.
- Access past papers