eBox appears at the top of my.csu - your personalised area of the CSU Web site - and is your 'electronic letter box' where official University communications, such as HECS statements and invoices, are sent. Many of these communications will only be sent to you online and not by post so it becomes important for you to check eBox at least weekly or you may miss out on important information and notices.
eBox provides a system for sending and tracking official communications through a secure Web environment. Your eBox is not email, so you are not able to use this messaging service to send and receive private emails; use your own personal email account to do this. However through eBox, you will be able to reply to official messages.
The three most recent new or unread communications will appear in the eBox window. To read an eBox message:
- Go to my.csu.edu.au in your web-browser;
- Click on the Menu button within the eBox window to go to your in-box;
- Click the View button in the action box next to the message you wish to read. Once a message has been opened it will move to the Old Items section of your eBox.
To reply to an eBox message:
- You must be viewing a message in order to reply to it. To view, either click the Subject of the message from the eBox window or click the View button in the Inbox or Old Items folder.
- When the message is open, click the Reply button, type your response and click Send. All replies will appear in your Sent Items folder.
All CSU online registered users have access to the eBox. All students are automatically registered as CSU online users on enrolment. Distance Education students who cannot gain internet access are able to de-register as CSU online users. On-campus students are unable to deregister except at times when they are away from campus on practical placements or semester breaks without internet access. Students who are studying through third party providers do not have access to eBox.