Each person has their own My Workspace site - it's a private online space in Interact which only you can access. You cannot therefore add other people as participants to your My Workspace site.
The My Workspace - Home page shows two windows: Message of the Day and My Workspace Information. These windows contain announcements and information from the system administrator and cannot be modified by users.
Within this personal workspace you can perform a variety of tasks like:
- immediately select sites you belong to
- establish or edit your Profile (identity)
- view Announcements from all your sites
- store and access your private files in Resources
- add or remove yourself from Membership of publicly joinable sites
- create a new project site using Worksite Setup
All your Interact sites, including your subject sites, appear in tabs located at the top of the workspace in the sites menu bar. To go to a worksite, click its tab link at the top of the screen. If you have membership for more than four worksites, they will not all be displayed as tabs in the sites menu bar, but you can access them by using the More Sites tab.
You will see a number of tools down the left side; this is the My Workspace menu. This suite of 'tools' provides the means of accomplishing a task within the Interact online environment. You click the individual tool to activate it.
- Account - allows you to view but not alter any of your personal account details.
- Announcements - where all announcements from all worksites of which you're a member will automatically appear..
- Membership - what you will use to find other sites you are eligible to join, and then to join them.
- Preferences - allows you to set up email notifications and even to change the language preference used to display text.
- Profile - where you include information about yourself, such as your name, phone number and location. You also have the option to add a picture of yourself
- Resources - used to upload your personal files, which you can do from any computer with Internet access. This means that you can then access these uploaded files from any other computer with Internet access. Yes, you may be able to live longer without a thumb-drive!
- Worksite Setup - where you can create, edit or delete any of your own worksites. You do not need any special permissions to establish a worksite of your own. You can also add additional tools to each of your sites from a given list of permissible tools.
- Help - a source for further information on any aspect of Interact. At any time you need help with a feature or function within Interact then be sure to click the Help icon for contextualised help.
You cannot add other people as participants to your My Workspace site, so if you want to work collaboratively with a group of other people, like sharing files regularly or creating joint documents, then you will need to set up a project site.
You are able to set up a new project site within My Workspace, by selecting Worksite Setup. Details are found here on Creating/adding a project site.
For more detailed information on My Workspace and Interact menu items, students may like to download the 34-page booklet CSU Interact: A How-to guide.
Within the my.csu desktop, you can also navigate to My Workspace by using the CSU Interact links within the left-side Quick Links menu.