my.csu is divided into three sections:
- The Header at the top of the Web page contains the eBox, the Channel tabs and the System Menu. The header is not customisable.
- The Side Bar on the left-hand side contains a menu of Quick Links, a search tool, and other information such as your personal greeting and password notification. The side bar is not customisable;
- The my.csu Desktop is the area that contains tools which can be customised and personalised for each individual user and is divided into two columns containing the tools.
You customise the my.csu desktop by closing, adding and moving tools. Tools have several icons that enable you to do this, as indicated in the table below:
|The up arrow moves the tool higher up in the column order.|
|The down arrow moves the selected tool further down the column order.|
|The minimise icon reduces the tool to a titlebar while maintaining its original position in the column order.|
|The restore icon returns a tool to its original size from a minimised status.|
|The maximise icon opens a tool to fill the desktop and shows additional functionality.|
|The close icon removes a tool from the desktop. Closed tools are available in the toolbox.|
If you have removed a tool, then you are able to add it again to the my.csu desktop by using the two toolboxes located at the bottom of each column on the desktop.
To add a tool to the desktop:
- Select the tool you want to add, from the toolbox at the bottom of the column you want the tool to be added to.
- Click on Add.
- The tool will then be added to the bottom of the column selected. If you wish to change the position of the tool, use the icon arrows as indicated in the above table.
CSU Interact Subject Sites tool
This tool displays the CSU Interact subject sites that you have access to, providing an easy link for each subject you are currently enrolled in. From within each Interact subject site you can access your essential Subject Outline, the subject Forum, EASTS (assignments submission system), and so on. To navigate to an Interact subject site simply mouse click the subject title you wish to navigate to.
My Forums tool
The My Forums tool enables you to select the specific CSU forums you wish to display for easy access within your my.csu desktop. When you first logon to your my.csu desktop, there are no forums listed within the My Forums tool.
Within CSU there are basically two categories of forums: CSU general forums, like Student Life; Library Services; CSU General; etc. And there are specific subject forums that are automatically attached to the subject(s) you are enrolled in. CSU general forums are immediately available to you, but your subject forum(s) will not become available until three days before commencement of the study session.
To select the forums you wish to display within My Forums tool:
- Click on Modify.
- Select the Forums you wish to display by marking the check boxes.
- Click the Save button
- The Forums you selected will now be listed in the My Forums tool.
To remove a forum from the My Forum tool follow the above steps but simply uncheck those forums you would like to remove. Remember to save your changes.
WebMail accounts (also known as postoffice accounts) are currently being phased out. Students enrolled prior to 2008 have a CSU Webmail account, but students who commenced after 2008 provide their own email account.
For students who have a Webmail account, the email tool in my.csu provides a link to that account. The tool displays the total number of messages in your WebMail Inbox in addition to the number of unread messages. This tool does not provide information about any other email accounts you have (including Outlook if you are a staff member).
Redirecting your WebMail account
To redirect WebMail account to another email account outside the university, click Personal Info in the left-side Quick Links navigation menu:
Personal Info > Personal Details > Redirect Your Email (right hand side) > follow the prompts.
Type in carefully the email account to which you wish to redirect to. If you make an error and enter an incorrect email address you will not receive your emails. Test your redirection by sending an email to your WebMail account from another email account or by asking someone to email your WebMail account. You should, however, wait about 40 minutes before testing your redirection notice to ensure the CSU system has had time to update new information.
Bookmarking in my.csu
The My Bookmarks tool enables you to store the addresses of frequently accessed Web sites. Creating bookmarks in this way allows you to access your favourite sites when using any computer with Internet access simply by visiting my.csu.
To add a bookmark:
- Click on Add. The Add Bookmark window opens, allowing you to now copy and paste the URL from the Webpage you want to add as a bookmark (or favourite).
- Enter a meaningful label and possibly include a description for the new bookmark.
- Click the Add button.
What's New is a communications tool to inform the CSU community of a wide range of University information. The tool also includes a classified section, which students may post to. The What's New tool shows messages grouped by day and then category: Official; General Information; and Classifieds.