Below is a selection of some of the articles and media stories about CSU's medical school proposal. To keep you up to date new articles that are available online will be added as they become available.
- Medical school mooted to fix doctor shortage – ABC Online (19 Jan 2012)
Charles Sturt University (CSU) says rural doctors shortages could be solved by the establishment of a medical school in central western New South Wales.
- Vann outlines plans – Western Advocate (16 Jan 2012)
CHARLES Sturt University's new vice-chancellor has taken up the role, promising to continue the university's push to open a medical school.
- Vice-chancellor's medical school of thought - Central Western Daily (16 Jan 2012)
- CSU president set to make difference - Daily Advertiser (16 Jan 2012)
- Vann's the man at CSU – The Australian (15 Jan 2012)
New VC admits to no ambitions to expand beyond the proposed medical school
- Ageing population plus better pay in healthcare is fuelling a boom – Daily Telegraph (17 Jan 2012)
Charles Sturt University enrolments in health are up 20 per cent.
- Macintosh awarded for dedication to CSU – Western Advocate (6 Jan 2012)
Ian MacIntosh says that CSU is still "in with a chance" of establishing a medical school.
- $20m injection to boost health education – Port Macquarie News (19 December 2011)
A $20 MILLION multi-partner medical campus has been approved today for Port Macquarie, with another $13 million granted to Charles Sturt University.
- Rural health starved - The Land (20 Feb 2011)
New Precinct would include a new rurally-based medical school.
- CSU medical bid to Prime Minister - (ABC 15 Dec 2010) Charles Sturt University has put its plans for a multimillion dollar medical school at Orange in the New South Wales Central West to the federal government.
- Last call for regional growth (Mudgee Guardian 3 December 2010) Charles Sturt University Orange campus sees start of a school of physiotherapy and the proposed medical school.
- Investors, too, have a chance to strike gold in Orange (The Australian 25 November 2010) Charles Sturt University to establish an integrated medical school offering courses in medicine.
- Council supports medical school (Parkes Champion Post 22 Nov 2010) Parkes Shire Councils backs CSU medical school in Orange.
- University of Sydney may partner CSU medical school (6minutes 18 Nov 2010)The University of Sydney says it may partner with Charles Sturt University to help it set up a new medical school in Orange.
- Charles Sturt University puts case for regional medical school (The Australian 10 Nov 2010) Charles Sturt University's bid for a $105 million medical school and clinic to serve NSW's central west is a step closer.
- Metropolitan medical deans oppose CSU's rural medical school (6 minutes 10 November 2010) A bid by Charles Sturt University for a new rural medical school to serve NSW's central west faces opposition from other medical school Deans.
- Simon Crean support for CSU's proposed medical school (ABC News 4 Nov 2010) The Federal Minister for Regional Australia Simon Crean says he is impressed by Charles Sturt University's plan to build a medical school in Orange.
- Lithgow asked to back CSU Medical School bid (ABC 11 Oct 2010) The Lithgow City Council backs bid by Charles Sturt University to establish a new medical school based in Orange.
- CSU defends planned medical school (ABC News 29 Sept 2010) Charles Sturt University has hit back at claims its proposed medical school has been announced because of a failure by metropolitan medical schools to train enough rural doctors.
- AMA opposes CSU's rural medical school (ABC 17 Sept 2010) The Australian Medical Association will not support Charles Sturt University's plan for a new medical school to increase rural medical workforce.
- CSU plans to establish rural medical school in Orange and Bathurst (ABC 20 Aug 2010)
Charles Sturt University wants to establish a medical school at its Orange and Bathurst campuses.