Graduates from the School of Communication and Creative Industries hold top positions in the media, advertising, journalism and theatre. Among the well-known names are:
Many broadcast news rooms in Sydney have 10 to 12 reporters, producers and editors who are CSU graduates. The Journalism degree is a highly respected course, which has produced graduates who have gone on to win Walkley Awards, the top accolade for Australian journalists. Graduates include:
- Jessica Rowe, Nine Network, Sydney
- Andrew Denton, ABC
- Matthew Moore, Sydney Morning Herald
- Jane Hutcheon, ABC Europe correspondent
- Melissa Doyle, Seven Network
- Mark Bannerman, ABC Radio National
- Simon Santow, ABC News, Sydney
- Angelos Frangopoulos, Sky News Australia.
Theatre and Entertainment
The Theatre Media course has produced graduates who excel in physical theatre / human circus, television and radio and community theatre.
- Mike Finch, Artistic Director, Circus Oz
- Linden Tierney, former GM, Rock 'n Roll Circus, Brisbane
- Brendan Cowell, Actor, Writer and Producer
- Amanda Keller, ABC, Mondo Thingo
- Darren Ashton, Director, 'Thunderstruck' (2004)
Although advertising is a relatively new course at CSU, its early graduates have made significant progress.
- Ryan Barlow, STW Group, Sydney
- Caroline Ghatt, Enthuze
- David Ohana, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sydney
- Leo Premutico, Saatchi & Saatchi, London (Cannes Golden Lion winner)
- Guy Rooke, Colenso, Auckland, (Cannes Silver Lion winner)
- Natalie Sims, BBDO, Sydney
Many Public Relations and Organisational Communication graduates are industry leaders or work in major national organisations and consultancies.
- Liz McLaughlin, recent president of Public Relations Institute of Australia
- Annabelle Warren, 2005-6 President of Public Relations Institute of Australia
- John Flannery, Public Affairs Director, Australian Media Association
- Matthew Sullivan, Head of Media and Public Affairs, ABN-AMRO Bank, Sydney
- Brian West, Australian Rugby Union
- John Morton, General Manager, Professional Public Relations, Sydney
- Alexis Lindsay, Director, Centre for Corporate Public Affairs, Sydney