fourW is one of Australia's longest running (& best...)
annual anthologies of new poetry & prose.
The Booranga Writers' Centre is currently accepting submissions for fourW twenty-four. The deadline for submissions is June 21st, 2013*. fourW twenty-four will be published in November, and launched in Wagga, Melbourne, and Sydney.
*Please note submissions close earlier for this year only.
For details on how to submit please read below.
For any inquiries, including details of how to order past issues of fourW, contact our office staff.
- Works are read anonymously, and we request that you include the contributor's name and address in the cover email message only.
- We welcome contributions of original poetry, fiction and graphics/artwork, not previously published.
- fourW is printed in black & white, so we ask that contributions of artwork be suitable for this type of presentation. If sending electronically, these specifications are advisable: greyscale images that fit a B5 page (176 x 250 mm) at 300 dpi saved as an uncompressed TIF or PDF.
- The Booranga Prize has been donated by Charles Sturt University, beginning in 2005. $250.00 will be awarded to works selected as the best poem and best short story in the anthology.
- Short story word limit is 2500 words.
- We ask that contributors restrict their submissions to 6 poems or 4 short stories.
- We prefer submissions to be forwarded in Microsoft Word format by e-mail rather than on hard paper copies.
- Please include author biography details (2-3 lines) on your cover email / letter.
- Closing date for each issue of fourW is usually June 30. Submissions received after this date will be held over to the following year.
- All submissions will be read by our editorial committee during July and all successful contributors contacted in August/September for proofreading of their own work which will appear in the anthology. All other contributors will be advised of the outcome of the committee's decision in September. Launch of the anthology is in November of each year.
- No payment is made for publication - a free copy of the published anthology will be forwarded to all successful contributors.
- All rights remain with the author.
Submissions of writing should be emailed (as a word document attachment) or posted directly to Booranga Writer's Centre.