Dr Abhishek Dwivedi
PhD. (Marketing), M. Mktg. Mgmt. (Hons 1), PGDM (Marketing)
PositionLecturer in Marketing
CampuscampusAlbury / Wodonga
Phone/Faxwork02 6051 9815
Abhishek 'Abbey' Dwivedi has completed a PhD in Marketing in the area of Brand Management; specifically brand-extensions. He has a seven-year teaching/tutoring experience at Griffith University (Gold Coast), University of Queensland (Brisbane) and Central Queensland University (Brisbane). Some of the Marketing courses taught include Marketing Strategy, Global Marketing, Services Marketing, and Marketing Research. Prior to PhD, he has completed a Masters in Marketing Management (Honours -1) and a PGDM (MBA) with Marketing specialization. Additionally, he has worked in one of the largest research-based consulting companies in Saudi Arabia. He has also had experience in the fast-moving-consumer-goods industry, and the IT hardware industry in India. Abbey is actively involved in research in the Marketing domain. His research interests include brand-extensions, customer-equity, celebrity endorsements and marketing capabilities. He has published his research in the Journal of Brand Management, the Australasian Marketing Journal, the Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and the Journal of Consumer Marketing. Abbey has regularly presented his research at the Australia & New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) conferences in Australia & New Zealand.
- MKT230 Market Research
- MKT235 Strategic Brand Management
- MKT240 Market Analysis
- MKT340 Strategic Marketing Management
- Brand extensions,
- Celebrity endorsements,
- Branding at non-profits,
- Formative models.
- Member of the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- Served as a Reviewer for ANZMAC, ANZAM conferences, as well as, for Journal of Services Marketing and Journal of Brand Management.
Refereed Journal Articles:
- Dwivedi, A. and Merrilees, B. (2013, IN PRESS). Brand extension feedback effects: Towards a mediated framework, Journal of Consumer Marketing.
- Dwivedi, A. and Johnson, L. W. (2013). Trust-commitment as a mediator of the celebrity endorser-brand equity relationship in a service context. Australasian Marketing Journal, 21(1), 36-42.
- Dwivedi, A. and Merrilees, B. (2013). Retail brand extension feedback: An Asian branding perspective, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 25(2), 321-340.
- Dwivedi, A. and Merrilees, B. (2013). Retail brand extensions: Unpacking the link between brand extension attitude and change in parent brand equity, Australasian Marketing Journal, 21(2), 75-84.
- Dwivedi, A. and Merrilees, B. (2012). The impact of brand extensions on parent brand relationship equity. Journal of Brand Management, 19(5), 377-319.
- Dwivedi, A., Merrilees, B., Miller, D. and Herington, C. (2012). Brand, value and relationship equities and loyalty-intensions in the Australian supermarket industry. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 19(5), 526-536.
- Dwivedi, A., Merrilees, B. & Sweeney, A. (2010). 'Brand extension feedback effects: A holistic framework'. Journal of Brand Management, 17(5), 328-342.
Refereed Conference Publications/Presentations:
- Dwivedi, A. (2012). Relationship quality; comparing a higher-order fully reflective model with a higher-order formative model. ANZMAC, University of Adelaide, Australia, from Dec 3-5 2012.
- Sok, P., O'Cass, A. & Dwivedi, A. (2012). Unpacking the value creation processes in service firms. ANZMAC, University of Adelaide, Australia, from Dec 3-5 2012.
- Dwivedi, A., Merrilees, B., Miller, D. & Herington, C. (2010). Building supermarket customer-equity. ANZMAC, Held in University of Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand, from Dec 3-5 2010.
- Dwivedi, A., Sweeney, A.D.P. & Merrilees, B. (2007). Feedback effects in brand-extensions: Evidence from India. ANZMAC, Held in University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, from Dec 3-5 2007.
- Dwivedi, A., Merrilees, B. & Sweeney, A.D.P. (2006). A model of the feedback effect of brand-extensions on parent-brands. ANZMAC, Held in Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia from Dec 4-6 2006.
- Dwivedi, A., Sweeney, A. D. P. (2005). An exploratory study of consumer expertise and perceived fit in brand-extensions. ANZMAC, Held in Fremantle, Perth, Australia from Dec 5-7 2005.