Mathematics/Statistics Learning Centre
Math Learning Advisers in Centres provide support to students who are experiencing difficulty with any mathematical or statistical components of their course.
Who can we help?
Any student from any Faculty may access the services provided. You do not have to be enrolled in a Mathematics Course.
Students who frequently use this Centre include:
- Mature aged students who have not studied mathematics related subjects for several years.
- Students from non-English speaking backgrounds who may be experiencing language difficulties during lectures.
- Students from interstate who find gaps in their mathematical knowledge because the courses they studied covered different material from that assumed by the University.
- Students who have not completed HSC maths at a level which is assumed by their particular course.
- Any student who requires continuing mathematical or statistical tutorial support. This means assistance is offered not only in the first year but also for any subject requiring mathematics or statistics.
- Students wishing to study mathematics or statistics in a relaxed atmosphere which encourages discussion and cooperative learning in a small group mode.
Is there a cost for this service?
There is no charge for this service.
Where is Learning Skills located?
Advisers are located on our Albury, Bathurst and Wagga Wagga campuses. However distance students, or students on other campuses, can access the service either by phone or email.
How to make appointments:
To make an appointment, drop into Student Central on your campus or call 1800 275 278 and request the type of appointment you would like.
Appointments can be one on one or as a group.