Maths & Statistics Support
CSU's ALLaN (Academic Literacy, Learning and Numeracy) Advisers can help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your studies.
Maths and statistics advisers are available to support students develop or enhance the skills needed to succeed in subjects which use mathematics and statistics.
Who can we help?
Any student from any Faculty may access the services provided. You do not have to be enrolled in a Mathematics Course.
Students who frequently access this support include:
- Mature aged students who have not studied mathematics related subjects for several years.
- Students from non-English speaking backgrounds who may be experiencing language difficulties during lectures.
- Students from interstate who find gaps in their mathematical knowledge because the courses they studied covered different material from that assumed by the University.
- Students who have not completed HSC maths at a level which is assumed by their particular course.
- Any student who requires continuing mathematical or statistical tutorial support. This means assistance is offered not only in the first year but also for any subject requiring mathematics or statistics.
- Students wishing to study mathematics or statistics in a relaxed atmosphere which encourages discussion and cooperative learning in a small group mode.
We can help you with:
- overcoming maths anxiety
- understanding the requirements of an assignment
- setting out your working so that it is clear and logical
- basic numeracy
- understanding the output from statistics software
- applying theory to answer questions from the text or study guide
- reviewing maths and stats concepts which you may have forgotten or not studied in secondary school
Is there a cost for this support?
There is no charge for this support.
Where is ALLaN located?
Advisers are located on our Albury, Bathurst and Wagga Wagga campuses. However distance students, or students on other campuses, can access the service either by phone, email or Skype.