2006 Working Papers
The Faculty of Business Working Paper Series is intended to provide staff and students with a means of communicating new and evolving ideas in order to encourage academic debate. Working papers, as the title suggests, should not necessarily be taken as completed works or final expressions of opinions.
We only publish the start of the paper (including abstract), up to but not including the introduction. If you would like a full version of the Working Paper please contact the author.
- Psychological Contracts: Conceptual and Empirical Considerations
Branka Krivokapic-Skoko, Jodie Ivers & Grant O'Neill - Working Paper 01/06
- Depreciation as a 'smoothing device' an appropriate objective for local authority reporting?
Robyn Pilcher - Working Paper 02/06
- Cost savings from outsourcing in the Australian public sector: Anecdote or evidence?
Jayne Bisman - Working Paper 03/06
- Accountants as small enterprise advisors: Modelling of an industry??? relevant course development process
Jayne Bisman - Working Paper 04/06
- Financial and social accountability of community groups and the provision of public sector seed funding: A case study
Ken Crofts - Working Paper 05/06
- Linking Competitive Advantage To Competitive Denial: An Alternative Approach To Conceptualising The Incidence Of Competitive Advantage
Daniel Prior - Working Paper 06/06
- Did the Goodwill Accounting Standard have Material Economic Consequences for Australian Acquirers?
Kieran James* and Janice How and Peter Verhoeven - Working Paper 08/06
- A Comparison of Two Business Schools
Pamela Mathews - Working Paper 09/06
- The appeal of school based financial management in contrasting public education systems
Warwick Baines - Working Paper 10/06
- How does Japanese culture affect budgeting?
Kieran Jamesa, Setsuo Otsukab and Cassandra Yeec - Working Paper 11/06
- Trade Liberalisation and Productivity Growth in the Manufacturing Sector: The Case of Sri Lanka
Yapa M. W. Y. Bandara - Working Paper 12/06
- A critical theory and postmodernist approach to the teaching of Accounting Theory
Kieran James - Working Paper 13/06
- Foreign Direct Investment in Malaysia: Trends, Patterns and Determinants
Kishor Sharma, James Nayagam & Hui Hon Chung - Working Paper 14/06
- Applying theoretical perspectives to the balanced scorecard
Nicholas Davis - Working Paper 15/06
- The changing accountability relationship between NGOs and government grant funding agencies under NPM
Ken Crofts - Working Paper 16/06
- Are discretionary public funding models for the Australian third sector an anomaly under the New Public Management regime?
Ken Crofts - Working Paper 17/06
- The Use of Advisory Boards in the Academic Management of Schools of Business
Pamela Mathews - Working Paper 18/06
- Vocational androgogy for law and business logic
Pamela N Gray - Working Paper 19/06
- Curricula in introductory accounting: The 'old' and the 'new'
Chrisann Lee & Jayne E. Bisman - Working Paper 20/06
- Curricula in introductory accounting: An international student focus
Chrisann Lee & Jayne E. Bisman - Working Paper 21/06