Workplace learning involves students taking placements with a host organisation for the purpose of linking theoretical learning with its application in the workplace. This will enable students to extend their professional knowledge, enhance their employability skills, and reflect on and evaluate their own work practices.
From 2012, students will have an opportunity to undertake three (3) work placements over the course of their Bachelor of Business degree and one work placement in year 2 of their Bachelor of Accounting degree.
- BUS110 - Professional Practice (35 hour placement)
- BUS220 - Business Placement (70 hour placement)
- BUS370 - Business Internship (120 hour placement)
- ACC275 - Professional Practice in Accounting (100 hour placement)
Host Organisation Information
- Workplace Learning - Information brochure for prospective host organisations
This provides a basic overview of the Workplace Learning program at CSU.
- Host Organisation Details Form (for Work Placements)
If you are interested in hosting a CSU student, please complete this form and send to Sandra Finlay. Should you have any queries or would like more information please contact Sandra Finlay on the details listed below.
- Information for Host Organisations [Sample Only]
This provides information regarding the responsibilities and expectations of students and host organisations.
- Business Student Placement Agreement
This is an official document which must be completed by all parties (Student, Host Organisation and CSU) to confirm a placement.
- Placement Evaluation Form
This form is to be completed by a host organisation once a student has finished a placement with them.
- Insurance letter
Letter confirming the provision of insurance for CSU students undertaking work placements.
Associate Professor Jenny Kent
Manager, Industry Liaison/ Workplace Learning
Faculty of Business
Phone: 02 6338 4263
Faculty of Business
Phone: 02 6338 6603