Welcome to the Faculty of Education CSU
The Faculty is one of the largest Faculties of Education in Australia with over 8000 students and 140 academic and general staff. We offer a wide range of courses in teacher education, information studies and human movement studies. Our graduates are prepared for employment across Australia and beyond. We are recognised internationally for the quality and diversity of our Distance Education programs and have over 5000 DE students from across Australia and 40 different countries, including a large number studying in Hong Kong. We provide on campus programs from the Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Dubbo and Wagga Wagga Campuses in Australia and CSU Ontario in Burlington, Ontario Canada.
Schools and Centres within the Faculty of Education
- Centre for Indigenous Studies
- CSU Ontario School of Education
- School of Education
(Wagga Wagga and Albury/Wodonga Campuses)
- School of Human Movement Studies
- School of Information Studies
- School of Teacher Education
(Bathurst and Dubbo Campuses)
The high quality of our graduates and our programs is underpinned by close cooperation and engagement with the professions and employers and our strong applied and strategic research programs. A key component of our research program is situated within RIPPLE, the Centre for Research in Professional Practice Learning and Education.
Faculty Office Location
The Faculty of Education Office is located in The Heffron building on the Bathurst Campus (NSW) of the University and contains the office of the Executive Dean, Professor Toni Downes. The Office is responsible for the overall management of the diverse academic, financial and personnel activities of the Faculty.
- Early childhood education graduates from Charles Sturt University (CSU) in Dubbo are enjoying very high employment rates, with more than 90 per cent securing employment. Read more...
- A new postgraduate program at offered by the School of Human Movement Studies has recently been accredited by the national body and is redefining clinical exercise physiology higher education in Australia. Read more...
- It is with great pleasure that we welcome two new Heads of School. Professor Lindsay Parry has joined us as Head of the School of Education and Professor Tara Brabazon is the new Head of the School of Teacher Education. Read more...