B Ed (TAS) CSturt, GradCertMulti&OnlineLearn CSturt, MEd (IT) CSturt
Phone/Faxwork(02) 6933 2153
Lincoln is a Senior Lecturer in Technology and Applied Studies based within the School of Education on the Wagga campus. Prior to coming to CSU he worked in retail, sales, and construction, and is a qualified carpenter and builder. Lincoln completed his B Ed TAS (IT major) in 2001 and has close to 10 years experience in the field of educational design. This work included a focus on curriculum design, pedagogy, and professional development and support for the use of educational technologies. Completion of a Graduate Certificate in Multimedia and Online Learning and a Masters in Education (IT) extended knowledge in these areas. He is now taking on the role of course coordinator of the B Ed (TAS) program.
The use of ICTs for learning and teaching is of great interest to Lincoln. Following on from research undertaken during his Masters, and then with the support of CSU Scholarship in Teaching funding, his PhD research is investigating the preparedness of pre-service Technology and Applied Studies teachers to use these technologies for their learning and teaching.
Teaching areas include:
- The Institute of Industrial Arts Technology Education
- Gill, L. (2011). Teaching Dynamics: Evaluating online learning and teaching. Poster presentation for CSUED, Thurgoona campus, 15th - 17th November 2011.
- Gill, L. & Dalgarno, B. (2010). How does pre-service teacher preparedness to use ICTs for learning and teaching develop during the first two years of teacher training? In C.H. Steel, M.J. Keppell, P. Gerbic & S. Housego (Eds.), Curriculum, technology & transformation for an unknown future. Proceedings ascilite Sydney 2010 (pp.371-381). http://ascilite.org.au/conferences/sydney10/procs/Gill-full.pdf
- Gill, L., Cummings, M., Ogden, J., Graf, P., Ward, L. (2009). Interacting with Interact - A sample of practice from the Faculty of Business. Poster presentation for CSUED, Thurgoona campus, 25th - 27th November 2009.
- Gill, L. & Dalgarno, B. (2008). Influences on pre-service teachers' preparedness to use ICTs in the classroom. In Hello! Where are you in the landscape of educational technology? Proceedings ascilite Melbourne 2008. http://www.ascilite.org.au/conferences/melbourne08/procs/gill.pdf
- Gill, L. (2008). Progress and issues with CSU Interact: the learning and teaching experience during our first six months, presentation for AuSakai 2008, Monash University, 26-28 November 2008.
- Gill, L. & Hardham, G. (2008). CSU Interact Help: a useful customisation of Sakai, poster presentation for AuSakai 2008, Monash University, 26-28 November 2008.