Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies
CSU, in collaboration with Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology and Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, has developed a professionally-orientated four-year Honours degree that builds on the Diploma of Early Childhood Education offered at Ontario Colleges. Applicants from any Ontario College will be granted recognition of their existing two-year ECE diploma level qualification, and will be able to complete the degree program in two years of full-time study. The program will also be offered in limited part-time mode.
Graduates of this program will be eligible to apply for entry to the CSU Bachelor of Primary Education Studies or similar degrees in other faculties of Education in Ontario.
Are you thinking about applying to the Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies program?
There are a number of upcoming information sessions about the program.
Details are available here.
If you are interested in knowing more now,
Every day is open house!
Feel free to come for a visit, sit in on a class, and chat with faculty and students.
For more information or to arrange a visit, contact
Karyn Callaghan, Program Coordinator, at 905-333-4955, ext. 55125.
How to Apply - The Application Process
There are a number of steps in the application process.
- First, read the information contained in the Online Course Brochure.
- Download & read the How to Apply - Application Process/Additional Requirements document. Carefully follow the instructions to ensure that you correctly complete and submit ALL requirements.
- Complete and submit the Online Application form.
- Place a request with the Institution from which you received your ECE Diploma to have your academic transcript sent directly to CSU Ontario.
- Follow the instructions about Additional Application Requirements on the second section of the How to Apply - Application Process/Additional Requirements regarding the two components: (a) Experience Table and (b) Personal Statement.
- Mail or deliver your complete Application Package with the Application Fee to the campus by the closing date.
Academic transcripts must be sent directly to CSU Ontario from the degree granting institution; 'student issued' transcripts will NOT be accepted. The only exception is in special circumstances, such as international qualifications, where original or certified copies of transcripts may be attached to the application package. For international qualifications, any documents NOT in English must be accompanied by a translation (also certified) - that is, attach BOTH the non-English and translated documents. All transcripts must be received by the admissions closing date.
OSAP - Ontario Student Assistance Program
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies program may be eligible, if qualified, for assistance under one or more of the following components of the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP):
- the Canada Student Loans Program (CSL)
- the Ontario Student Loans Plan (OSL)
See https://osap.gov.on.ca for more information.
- Intake: Term 1 - September and Term 2 - January; in Full-time or Part-time study mode
- Completion: 2 years for Full-time study; variable for Part-time study
- Tuition: $16,000 CAD per annum Full-time, or $1,600 CAD per course Part-time
NOTE: Tuition is paid for each term prior to the start of the term (usually in July & December). As part of the initial Acceptance of Offer to the program, students will be required to pay their first term tuition fees in order to be enrolled.
- September intake key dates:
Orientation - 2013 date tba.
Classes - 2013 date tba.
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities for the period from 17th April 2009 to 17th April 2014. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the programs and the degrees will be appropriate to their needs (e.g. acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies or other educational institutions).