Welcome to Professional Experience in the Faculty of Education
Professional Experience forms an integral and respected component of a preservice teacher's course of professional education. A well planned induction to teaching is fundamental to the development of positive attitudes and provides a secure foundation for continuing professional learning and personal growth.
Staff from the Faculty of Education at Charles Sturt University are very conscious of the importance of the induction process, both pre- and post-service, and value the privilege of working as a team with teachers and the broader education community, in the diverse sites in which our preservice teachers undertake professional experience activities.
We believe that Professional Experience programs should:
- help prepare preservice teachers for their multifaceted roles in schools and Early Childhood Education settings/services
- provide opportunities for the development of sound professional and interpersonal skills of all participants;
- encourage preservice teachers to develop increased responsibility for their own professional learning and learning of their students;
- provide professional partners with support to undertake the role effectively and in a mutually beneficial way;
- facilitate communication between all stakeholders to ensure shared understandings and expectations of the programs;
- reflect the changing needs of workplaces and jurisdictions.
The NSW Institute of Teachers and the Department of Education and Communities now require that all initial teacher education students have training in anaphylaxis. Full details are available here.
Rural Professional Experience Placement Survey
Have you completed a rural professional experience placement? If so please complete this survey.
Associate Teacher Links
Australian Taxation Office Withholding Declaration