Dr Graham Daniel
DipT (Mitchell CAE), BEd (South Cross), MEd (Hons)(Murd), PhD (UWS)
Phone/Faxwork(02) 6338 4369
Graham Daniel has a background in Primary teaching and coordinating in New South Wales and experience working as a consultant in alternative schools. Graham teaches in the areas of Educational Psychology and Child Development and is located at the Bathurst campus of Charles Sturt University.
Graham's research interests include children's schooling experience with a focus on inclusion, family involvement in schooling and boys education within a gender equity framework.
- Family-school partnerships
- Lived experience of children with speech impairment
- Researching children's experience of schooling
- Early childhood and primary schooling
- Child Development
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Research
Dennison College - Bathurst High School campus
Invited Speaker staff development day “Boys Education”
16th July 2007.
- Dennison College - Bathurst High School campus
“Boys Education” - Follow-up Staff meeting presentation
3rd September 2007.
- Gavemer Foundation
Alternative pedagogies for primary schooling
Dates 31/07/06 – 04/08/06
- Gavemer Schools Foundation
Planning for the establishment of a school for alternative education
(Ongoing project) 2008
- Rudolph Steiner Schools Association of Australia
Developing a proposal for a Graduate Certificate in Rudolph Steiner Education (Secondary)
Date 12th May 2007.
- Daniel, G., & McLeod, S. (2011). “I can’t say words much”: Listening to school-aged children’s experiences of speech impairment. In S. Roulstone & S. McLeod (Eds.). Listening to children and young people with speech, language and communication needs. London: J&R Press.
- Daniel, G. (2011). Family-school partnerships: towards sustainable pedagogical practice. Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education, 39 No. 2, pp. 165-176.
- Barr, J. McLeod, S. & Daniel, G. (2008). Siblings of Children with Speech Impairment: Cavalry on the Hill. Language Speech and Hearing Services in Schools, 39, pp. 21-32.
- Watts Pappas, N., McLeod, S., McAllister, L. & Daniel, G. (2007). Speech pathologists' views of working with parents in speech intervention: adapting to a changing model of practice. 5th Asia Pacific Conference on Speech, Language, and Hearing, Brisbane, July 2007.
- Daniel, G. & McLeod, S. (2006). Listening to the voice of children with a communication impairment. In G. Whiteford (Ed.). Proceedings of the Qualitative Research as Interpretive Practice Conference 2005, Voice, Identity & Reflexivity (pp. 187-200). Albury: Charles Sturt University.
- McLeod, S., Daniel, G. & Barr, J. (2006). Using children's drawings to listen to how children feel about their speech. In C. Heine & L. Brown (Eds.) Proceedings of the 2006 Speech Pathology Australia National Conference. Melbourne: Speech Pathology Australia.
- Watts Pappas, N., McLeod, S., McAllister, L. & Daniel, G. (2006). Parental involvement in phonological intervention. Paper presented to International Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics Association Conference, Dubrovnik, Croatia, May 31- June 3.
- Daniel, G. R. (2005). Parent Involvement In Children's Education: Implications Of A New Parent Involvement Framework For Teacher Education In Australia. Proceedings of the Australian Teacher Education Association Conference 2005, Teacher education: Local and global (pp. 141-148). Surfers Paradise: Griffith University.
- Daniel, G. R. (2005). “Parent involvement in schools: Re-conceptualising a phenomenological interpretation” Paper presented to the Australian Association for Research in Education 2004 Conference, Melbourne, 28 Nov - 3 Dec. 2004.
- Daniel, G. R. (2004). What about justice? School Councils, equity and social justice. Referred proceedings of Education Research Conference: 2003 11-12 October 2003. Parramatta: University of Western Sydney.
- Daniel, G. R. & McLeod, S. (2012) Listening to children with speech and language impairment: Implications for teachers of young children, Invited Presentation, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- McLeod, S. & Daniel, G. R. (2006) Children's Worlds: The worlds of children with a speech impairment. Charles Sturt Lectures - University of the Third Age.
- Association of Rudolph Steiner Schools Australia Biannual Conference, Invited Keynote Speaker, Canberra, March 2005.