B AppSci (Human Movement) RMIT, B Health Sci (Podiatry) CSU, Cert IV in Sport and Rec (Sports Administraion
PositionLecturer in Podiatry
CampuscampusAlbury / Wodonga
Phone/Faxwork02 6051 9258
Following graduation Luke worked as a private clinician, focussing on biomechanics and general podiatry practice in regional New South Wales.
Luke pursued his involvement in clinical education at CSU in 2009, and began lecturing in Podiatry in early 2010. Luke draws on a successful sporting background and looks to present strong links between the theoretical component of his sports and biomechanics based subjects, and practical applications in a clinical setting.
- Lecturer in Podiatry
- Clinical Educator
- First Year Co-ordinator (Podiatry)
- Member of the Workloads Committee
Since taking on his role at CSU, Luke has maintained enrolment in a variety of teaching courses as a means of further developing his skills as an educator. This has aided the development of POD316, as well as the restructuring of the early clinical subjects.
Luke is the subject co-ordinator, and primary lecturer, in the following subjects:
- POD202/203 – Introduction to Podiatric Clinical Practice
- POD213 – Clinical Podiatric Practice
- POD307 – Medicine 1 (Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal pathology)
- POD316 – Sports Medicine (& Electrophysical Agents)
Luke has also taught into the following subjects:
- BMS234 - Podiatric Anatomy and Biomechanics
- BMS257 - Movement Science
Innovations in Teaching
Luke has looked to drive a greater involvement of technology into the teaching of clinical skills, and to provide a number of technology based student resources. This includes the development of an educational CD-ROM for the teaching of base clinical skills, as well as the use of a variety of gait assessment technologies within the teaching of Biomechanics and Sports Medicine.
Luke’s research interests relate predominantly to the field of biomechanics and sports medicine, with an emphasis on:
- Lumbo-pelvic stability and its effect on lower limb function.
- The impact of sporting footwear on foot, and lower limb mechanics.
Professional & Community Engagement
Luke has a continuing involvement with the internal clinical placement program, working with students undertaking both Podiatry and interdisciplinary field experience.
- Member of the Australian Podiatry Association (APodA –NSW)