School of Biomedical Sciences
- Research Topic
- Dr Chris Blanchard
- Functional properties of pulses; Functional properties of cereals; GxE effects on rice quality
New diagnostic tools for genetic disease
- Mike Cahill & Jalal Jazayeri
- Investigations into the cancer-relevant cell biology of the multi-functional protein Progesterone Receptor Membrane Component 1 (PGRMC1)
- Dr Andrea Crampton
- Science education; Drinking water quality; Public health communication; Molecular parasitology; Molecular microbiology; Science Education
- Dr Adam Hamlin
- Research elucidating the neural circuitry and neurochemistry that underpins behaviour. Uses animal models of disease, pharmacology, histochemistry, and behavioural techniques to explore a range of conditions including neurodegeneration, toxicity, drug addiction and fear conditioning.
- Dr Patricia Logan
- Tertiary science education; medical imaging diagnostic studies, particularly Nuclear Medicine but not exclusively; transitioning from professional practice to academia.
- Dr Rhett McClean
- Reproductive biology of native Australian mammals; Mammalian gamete form and function; Applications of reproductive technology to conservation (including AI, IVF, Embryo transfer and Sperm freezing and thawing).
- Dr Hassan Obied
- Antioxidants in health and disease; Polyphenols; Chemistry, Analysis, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacology of Natural Products; pharmaceutical research on natural products
- Dr Chris Scott
- Research in neuroendocrinology (brain control of hormones/hormonal control of brain function), especially related to reproduction/sex hormones. A range of animal models/species used.
- Associate Professor Jenny Wilkinson
- Research in complementary medicines, includes social, education and laboratory based projects.
- Dr Philip Kerr
- Antimicrobial activity of Fijian medicinal plants, anti-oxidant properties of some Australian plants used in flavouring foods, anti-diabetic plants in Traditional Aboriginal medicines, ethnoveterinary medicines derived from Australian native plants, studies in the phytochemistry of the Goodeniaceae, the use of Australian plants in the treatment of skin cancers Allelopathy and ecological prospects using Australian plants, investigations into the chemistry and pharmacology of Codonocarpus cotinifolius, transdermal permeation of natural products of potential medicinal importance, screening of Australian native plants for antimicrobial activity using TLC-bioautography
Top of page