Extension Farming Systems Journal
Extension Farming Systems Journal is published by the AFBM Network and the Australasia Pacific Extension Network (APEN). It focuses on extension aspects of agribusiness systems.This Journal is for farmers, farmer groups, corporate agribusiness managers, professional farm business consultants, extension and development officers, academics, researchers and postgraduate students interested in the efficient and effective operations of farming systems in Australia.
Topics covered in Extension Farming Systems Journal include:
- livestock and cropping systems;
- farming, applied ecology and environmental management systems;
- farm economics and financial issues;
- global perspectives of farming;
- management and decision making;
- human and/or social issues of farmers and farming communities;
- sustainable farming systems;
- agricultural events and agricultural highlights.
The Journal has two main sections - the Research Forum and the Industry Forum. The Research Forum features papers about scientific research into agricultural extension issues. It is aimed at professional extension practitioners.
The Industry Forum features papers on farm business and farming systems, technology highlights (typically with an extension character), outstanding farm and agribusiness case studies and leading farmers' stories.
Papers relevant to the Journal's key areas of interest are welcome. Please contact the Chief Editor for advice initially and to submit your paper. Please refer to the Instructions to Authors for details on formatting requirements. View details of the Editorial Board
Extension Farming Systems Journal is published online free of charge, however, printed copies are available for A$25 per issue. (To subscribe, fill in the subscription order form.)
To access the current of archived editions of the Journal, select from the links below:
* For Details on APEN membership, contact Rosemary Currie