Dr Jason Condon
PhD CSturt, BAgrSci(Hons) LaTrobe
PositionLecturer in Soil Science
Phone/Faxwork02 6933 2278
Dr Condon developed an interest in agriculture and soil whilst growing up on a wheat/sheep property between Yerong Creek and Mangoplah in southern NSW. While studying for a BAgricSc (Hons) degree at LaTrobe University, Dr Condon took the opportunity to work on research projects conducted by the then NSW and Victorian Departments of Agriculture at Wagga and Rutherglen, respectively. This exposure to soils-based agricultural research led him to his honours research into the amelioration of subsoil acidity.
On completion of his BAgricSc degree Dr Condon was employed as a Teaching Fellow at CSU where he undertook a PhD, investigating the effect of nitrogen transformations on the formation of acidic subsurface layers in grazed pastures. On receiving his PhD, Dr Condon took up his current role as Lecturer of Soil Science at CSU. In addition to his Australian research he continues to work in Vietnam on projects dealing with nutrient cycling and compost use in agricultural systems.
- Soil Science PSC (Subject Coordinator)
- Soil Management PSC415
- Specialising in Soil Chemical Fertility, Acidification, Nutrients and Fertiliser Management
- Leader of the Agricultural Study tour to Vietnam for final year students of BAgricSci
- Fertiliser management in conventional, organic and low input farming systems
- Soil carbon
- Nutrient cycling
- Soil degradation and soil fertility
- Navneet Brar - "N fertiliser efficiency under conventional and no till wheat and rice farming systems"
- David Waters - "Investigation of the use of Biochar to enhance soil physical and chemical properties under dry land cropping"
- Felicity Harris - "Relationship between earliness and vigour across a range of cereal species"
- Matthew Gardner - "Best practice managment of Chicory in an Australian context"
- Susan Orgill - "Investigation of the role of perennial pastures in building soil carbon (C) in phase farming systems"
- Karl Andersson - "Manipulation of P sorption in agricultural soils"