This subject introduces the principles of research methodology as relevant to the health sciences. It examines the context of research in professional practice in the healthcare field, and will equip students with the basic research skills necessary for their continuing professional education. The subject considers concepts in both qualitative and quantitative research methodology, the critical appraisal of literature in science and healthcare, and includes basic statistical concepts and methods.
School of Dentistry and Health Sciences
- The scientific method and research process,
- Research planning,
- Research designs (qualitative and quantitative),
- Data collection techniques,
- Ethics in research,
- Sourcing health and scientific literature,
- Report writing and referencing,
- Descriptive and inferential statistics,
- Dissemination and critical evaluation of research
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 275 278 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2018 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: August 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.