This subject provides students with the knowledge they need to implement appropriate technologies to build scalable multilayer switched networks and switched networks using multilayer switching technologies. They will also be able to create and deploy a global intranet and implement basic troubleshooting techniques in environments that use Cisco multilayer switches for client hosts and services. This subject will enable students to learn how to improve traffic flow, reliability, redundancy and performance for LAN switching that is self supported or transported via a service provider.
No offerings have been identified for this subject in 2018.
School of Computing and Mathematics
Only available to students enrolled in:
Master of Networking and Systems Administration
Master of Management (IT) - MMgtInfoTech
Graduate Certificate in Management (IT) - GradCertMgtInfoTech
- be able to deploy the required Cisco products and services that enable connectivity and traffic transport on a multilayer switched network;
- be able to implement the necessary services at each layer of the network to all users to obtain services in a working multilayer switched network;
- be able to explain the types of redundancy in a multilayer switched network including hardware and software redundancy;
- be able to describe how VTP versions 1 and 2 operate, including domains, modes, advertisements and pruning;
- be able to enable spanning tree on ports and VLANs;
- be able to control network traffic by implementing the necessary admission policy at each layer of the network topology on a multilayer switched network;
- be able to restore proper network operations through the use of Cisco devices and external management tools on a multilayer switched network;
- be able to explain how service providers implement transparent LAN services to deliver ethernet connectivity to the customer site;
- be able to identify QoS implementation issues at the network access layer; and
- be able to identify QoS implementation issues at the network distribution and core layers.
Based on CCNP subject : Building Multilayer Switched Networks
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 275 278 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2018 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: August 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.