Managing project communications is one of the most important duties of a project manager. Project managers must keep project owners, team members, management, subcontractors, and others informed of project status, while constantly evaluating where the project is and where it is going. In this subject students will learn how to assess their project communication needs, plan for meeting those needs, and effectively communicate project status and forecasts throughout the project life-cycle. This subject is based on the Project Management Institute's (PMI's®) current Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®).
No offerings have been identified for this subject in 2018.
School of Management and Marketing
Only available to students enrolled in the Master of Project Management
- be able to analyse project communication requirements for keeping internal and external project stakeholders informed of project status
- be able to create a functional, practical, project communications plan
- be able to distinguish what communication tools are most effective in what circumstances
- be able to effectively communicate project status, integrating information regarding project schedule and cost
- be able to use leading edge electronic communication and virtual collaboration tools to communicate with project team members and stakeholders
- Identification of purpose (strategic alignment)
- Identification and assessment of stakeholders (stakeholder alignment) cultural and organisational structure assessment (cultural alignment)
- Change management, training plan and ability to sustain change assessment (communication integrated assessment)
- Development of communications strategy
- Development of communications plan
- Development of stakeholder engagement plan
- Development of communication governance (within programme/project and wider community)
- Delivery of communications plan
- Management of stakeholder engagement
- Measuring and monitoring
- The best practices for Support of IT Services
- leading edge electronic communication and virtual collaboration tools
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 275 278 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2018 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: August 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.