This subject examines the theory and practice of management. A number of theoretical approaches are discussed and how each theory relates to the practice of management is considered. As a result of adopting such an approach, it will be appreciated that there can be a variety of understandings surrounding organisational activities and events. There will rarely be a single 'right way' in responding to any organisational situation. Rather, any response will be dependent upon the specific theoretical approach used in understanding the situation. This subject presupposes earlier study in management and organisation theory.
No offerings have been identified for this subject in 2018.
School of Management and Marketing
- be able to critically evaluate and apply management and organisational theory to the practice of management;
- be able to critically examine the current state of management and organisational theory and practice and their relevance and applicability to the Australian environment;
- be able to critically evaluate the manager's role in relation to organisation change and broader society;
- be able to use a variety of theories to identify, analyse and evaluate key issues, opportunities and problems faced by the manager of Australian organisations;
- have the ability to analyse and write critically about the practice of management.
Critical analysis of management and theoretical plurality
What do managers do?
Ethics and managing
Management, leadership and conflict
Motivation and stress at work
Decision making and learning
Diversity in organisations
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 275 278 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2018 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: August 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.