This subject focuses on key aspects of winemaking, including production, wine composition, microbiological interaction and the evaluation of wine. This requires the review and synthesis of original scientific articles and experimental wine making.
School of Agricultural and Wine Sciences
Enrolment is restricted to students enrolled in the Masters of Viticulture and Oenology.
- Technological approaches for alcohol adjustment in wine production: spinning cone; reverse osmosis.
- Micro-oxygenation: bubble plume devices; permeable membrane devices; anthocyanin and tannin modifications; wine colour stability
- Sensory evaluation; wine show format; wine evaluations; sensory assessments of wines
- Wine making trials and protocols for evaluation of new products, processing and wine production aids, and their impact upon the wine production process.
- Australian wine label laws and food standards
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 275 278 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2018 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: August 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.