This is a comprehensive subject aimed at introducing the principles and practice of business management with particular emphasis on financial management of small agribusinesses. Major topics of study include: management concepts; understanding financial statements, evaluating past performance planning ahead; financing the business; the taxation system in Australia; investment appraisal and business structure. The subject material is applied to businesses involved in the equine sector, agriculture, viticulture and issues in farm forestry.
School of Agricultural and Wine Sciences
Restricted to students enrolling in Post Graduate Courses including Artiulated Sets of Courses, Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Masters.
- concepts of management and financial management in small agribusiness;
- financial statements and the evaluation of past performance;
- planning ahead: an overview of budgeting; preparing budgets;
- financing the business; sources of finance; planning the financial structure of the business;
- income taxation and GST in Australia,
- using discounted cash flow and other techniques to evaluate investment projects,
- business structure.
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: May 2019. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.