This is a lecture, tutorial, practical based subject focussing on providing students with a theoretical and practical understanding of animal biotechnology. The subject covers animal molecular biology, recombinant DNA technology, production of transgenic animals, reproductive biotechnology, biotechnology in animal breeding and ethics.
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Restricted to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Animal Science
- Introduction to animal biotechnology
- Animal genes and genomes
- Gene expression and regulation.
- Basic principles and techniques of recombinant DNA technology
- Gene transfer methods for mammalian cells and animal transgenics
- Valuable genes in animals
- Animal germ cells, development and animal cloning
- Functional genomics, ethics and the future of animal biotechnology.
The information contained in the CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: May 2019. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.