This is a lecture, tutorial, practical based subject focussing on providing students with a theoretical and practical understanding of animal biotechnology. The subject covers animal molecular biology, recombinant DNA technology, production of transgenic animals, reproductive biotechnology, biotechnology in animal breeding and ethics.
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Restricted to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Animal Science
ASC422 Paired Subject
- Introduction to animal biotechnology
- Animal genes and genomes
- Gene expression and regulation.
- Basic principles and techniques of recombinant DNA technology
- Gene transfer methods for mammalian cells and animal transgenics
- Valuable genes in animals
- Animal germ cells, development and animal cloning
- Functional genomics, ethics and the future of animal biotechnology.
For any enquiries about subject selection or course structure please contact Student Central or email@example.com or phone on 1800 275 278.
For further information about Charles Sturt University, or this course offering, please contact info.csu on 1800 334 733 (free call within Australia) or enquire online.
The information contained in the 2019 CSU Handbook was accurate at the date of publication: September 2018. The University reserves the right to vary the information at any time without notice.